You can find information on how to restrict the content your child can see and access:
- On iTunes:
- On Google Play:
- For information on how to require a password for app purchases and for leaving reviews on the iTunes App Store:
- To setup password protection on your Google Play account:
No personal data will be collected from you or your child via the app. The app is free to use (except for any data charges that may apply).
Questions about Happy Meal® App
- Q: Are my child’s details being stored by McDonald’s?
A: No, The Happy Meal App is totally anonymous. We don't ask for or capture any personal details.
- Q: How are the games and activities on the app tested?
A: All of our games and activities are independently tested and rated by our child development experts. Our experts test games and activities with kids and their parents to make sure that, in addition to being fun, they encourage the development of useful skills.
- Q: How can I give my feedback on the app?
A: We're grateful for all your feedback, which you can give us in the app store.
- Q: Is there any third party advertising in the app?
A: No. There are no banners, interstitials, or any other form of third party content visible.
- Q: Are there any charges for downloading the app?
A: There will be no extra download charges if you are using Wi-Fi, but you may incur them if you’re using your own data. It’s best to download The Happy Meal App when you are connected to Wi-Fi in order to avoid any additional costs.
- Q: Are there any in-app purchases?
A: There are no in-app purchases.
- Q: How long does the app take to download?
A: Depending on your device and connection, it should only take a few minutes.
- Q: Can I play The Happy Meal App when I'm not connected to the internet?
A: You don't have to be connected to the internet to play The Happy Meal App, but you will need to be connected to Wi-Fi, or have enabled data use during app set-up, to install the app and receive content updates.
- Q: Which devices can I download the The Happy Meal App app to?
A: The Happy Meal App app is currently available to download in both the Google Play store and the Apple App store.
- For iOS, the app is available for users using iOS 9 or higher.
- For Android, the app is available for users using Android 4.1 or higher. The Android device must also have a minimum of 1GB RAM memory and 1.5GHz processor.
Please note that both the Be a Musician game and Be a Hero game require the use of device gyroscope and accelerometer, gameplay for these games is therefore not supported on certain devices which do not have this functionality built in. If your device does not have a gyroscope or accelerometer these games (Be a Musician and/or Be a Hero) may be disabled.